Thursday, August 13, 2009

#17 - Pete's Double Drop

Probably my prettiest deck yet, Pete's double drop consists of three layers of bamboo and a walnut stringer. The deck is something of a prototype, Pete asked if I could do a double with a stringer. I'd already been toying with the idea and it seemed feasible. My friend Shannon tested it out yesterday and feels that it's got the best ride of any of my decks he's ridden to date. I'm a little concerned about the depth of the flex and Pete knows that if it's too deep for him he can send it back to me for reinforcement at no additional charge.

A detail shot of the marquetry. The hardest thing about this deck is dropping it in the mail, I'm just so damn pleased with how it came out.

*NOTE* - Shots of the top are held back for now because Pete wants to be surprised by the grip, I'll update the site after he receives it.